Williamsburg Virginia

My photo
Dave is an an Army brat and retired from the Air Force in 2006 and is now working as an AF civilian. Debbie works in real estate for a local firm. We both enjoy the outdoors and being 'tree-huggers' as we have been called. As tree-huggers, we enjoy feeding 'our' herd of backyard deer and their friends the squirrels, birds, foxes, possums, and raccoons. Between us we have seven kids and eleven grand-kids spread out from Virginia to Texas, to Idaho to Washington.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Water Country USA - Williamsburg



Well, we had a house-full to say the least.  Last weekend, Jennie, Melissa, Megan, Tori, Ethan, Lexie, and Megan's good friend Lauren came down for the weekend, arriving on Thursday night and leaving on Sunday.  Friday was spent at Water Country USA - were there for the opening bell at 10:00 and for the closing bell at 8:00. 
 In between we hit the wave pool, lazy river, and various other rides.  Yours truly didn't get to them all, but most of them.  Debbie, not ride-inclined, sat this one out and went to work. 

At around 6:30, Jennie, Melissa, Ethan and Lexie left and I stayed to chaperrone the  young ladies of the pack, uhhhhhhhhhhh, I mean family, until closing.  Lexie and Ethan ended up feeding the animals in the back yard when they got back to the house.  After guarding all the young men, including the Water Country USA divers, from Diva Inc, we headed back to the house ourselves (Debbie came and picked us up). 

We cooked burgers and I had every intention of cooking them like everyone liked them until I got the order - two well done (mine), two medium well, two more medium, and three medium rare, one hot dog, and believe it or not, one veggie burger (that was not allowed to touch the real meat).  When Debbie came out and brought four pieces of cheese and said "We need four cheeseburgers" (without actually telling me which burgers to place the cheese on) so after much consternation on my part, I said $#@!^ it - all medium at least.  Like the Soup Nazi in Seinfeld, my attitude by then was "You eat burger and you like, or you go!"  When I had to ask the question "How does one know when a veggie burger is done?" (because it wasn't sizzling - thus the no meat), Lauren told me that "... we usually just put them in the micro-wave."  What?&$@?  Huh??  Oh well, in the end, I think everyone survived.

On Saturday we stayed put for most of the day and piddled around the house - then I took the wolf-pack, uhhhhhhhhh, young ladies, and Ethan, to the movies and to do a little shopping.  Megan and Lauren and Tori took off and then met Ethan and I after a while at the theater.  Megan and Lauren went to see 'Charlie St Cloud' and Ethan, Tori and I went to see 'Despicable Me (in 3D)' .... it was actually pretty good and Lauren and Megan enjoyed CStC as well. 

These pictures here are just from Water Country USA.  My next post will be of the Water Country USA divers and their show.     

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. Although, I too would have sat along the side soaking up the sun. I am not much of a water person myself. Fun to see pictures of everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment; we'll try and respond, if needed, as soon as possible. Thnx!