Williamsburg Virginia

My photo
Dave is an an Army brat and retired from the Air Force in 2006 and is now working as an AF civilian. Debbie works in real estate for a local firm. We both enjoy the outdoors and being 'tree-huggers' as we have been called. As tree-huggers, we enjoy feeding 'our' herd of backyard deer and their friends the squirrels, birds, foxes, possums, and raccoons. Between us we have seven kids and eleven grand-kids spread out from Virginia to Texas, to Idaho to Washington.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Return From Boot Camp!


Well, it has taken me about a week to recover from our pilgramage down south to attend the inaugural Landscaping Boot Camp in Charlotte. 
The only problem was that Debbie failed to tell me what I was getting into (and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure she knew herself). 

Soooooooooooooo, needless to say, my one pair of shorts for the four days wreaked of top-soil and mulch pretty much after Day 1.  Yea, I know what you are saying - who in their right mind only brings one pair of shorts for four days - regardless of what was on the entertainment menu for those days.  Well, let me just say this to that - whoever said I was in my right mind?  Besides, after Day 2 the shorts were pretty easy to get into - stand 'em in the corner the night before and step into them the following morning.  Ahhhhhhh, the efficiency of speed dressing! 

But, we had the better of it between Jared and us (us being myself, Debbie and Jennie, who also went south for the weekend) - Jared arrived early to boot camp and was immediately put to work; inside and outside of the main camp building.  Of course, Jared had a few more enticements than we had - but that shall remain unspoken of in this blog. 

BUT, before I go further, we ALL had a great time so my tongue-n-cheek description of our four days is just a tad over the top (ok, a lot of sarcasm) - it was actually a lot of FUN - except I didn't get my "I Survived Landscaping Boot Camp" tee-shirt before I left.  Brian and Whitney's yard is looking good if we all do say so ourselves.  And it was great to get together once again - albeit we missed Melissa and family, and Ben, Shauna and the girls - but they were all thought of often throughout the weekend.  And last, but certainly not least - GREAT hamburger cookout!

These were just a few pix taken during our camp stay.  Don't forget, you can save the pics to your computer by clicking on the picture and then right clicking and doing a 'save as.' 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Dave. WE loved having everyone there. Mom said she has plans for us when we come and visit you all. At least you will have more shorts to change out of.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment; we'll try and respond, if needed, as soon as possible. Thnx!