Williamsburg Virginia

My photo
Dave is an an Army brat and retired from the Air Force in 2006 and is now working as an AF civilian. Debbie works in real estate for a local firm. We both enjoy the outdoors and being 'tree-huggers' as we have been called. As tree-huggers, we enjoy feeding 'our' herd of backyard deer and their friends the squirrels, birds, foxes, possums, and raccoons. Between us we have seven kids and eleven grand-kids spread out from Virginia to Texas, to Idaho to Washington.

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day Off


Thought I would just add a note on my day off.  Today is of course MLK Day and I'm moseying (isat a word??) around the house and finally doing some filing of bills and such.  By the looks of the document on the bottom of the pile, the last time I filed was around April 2009.  Ouch!  Going to be a long day.


So, with that in mind, does anyone have any great filing tips I should use - other than keeping up with it (like I know I should)?  How about how long a bill or receipt should be kept?  I usually use the one-year method but not sure that even makes sense for everything.  I mean after all, if one month's bill shows a payment made the previous month, should you keep multiple months bills around?  Hmmmmm .... the thoughts one has on off days.

Not looking forward to this but it won't get done if I don't get started .... ugggghhhhhh! 

4 comments:

  1. I keep recipts for a month because after that you can't return anything on them... unless of course, it is a recipt we need for tax purposes then it goes in my "Tax Stuff" file. Other than that I just file everything and Brian tosses stuff every 6 moths.... I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep receipts for a year. Taxes for seven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, believe ot or not, I never did get the filing done. The different bills are on the couch in the separate piles - so that is a start .... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, guess what? Had another day off (Presidents' Day) and finished up the filing - now, if I can just keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment; we'll try and respond, if needed, as soon as possible. Thnx!